Prof. Dr. Guido Hausmann
Professor of Southeast and East European History, Head of the History Division of the Leibniz-Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS/Regensburg)
University of Regensburg
Institute for History
Landshuter Straße 4
+49 (0)941 / 943-5492 +49 (0)941 943-5485 firstname.lastname@example.org Webprofile
Main Research Areas
- History of science and universities in Middle and East Europe
- Urban history in Middle and East Europe
- Empire and nationalities
- Memory Cultures
- Environmental history in Middle and East Europe
Born 1960; studied German literature and language as well as history in Münster and Köln. 1988 state examination as teacher at the University of Cologne. 1995 Ph.D. at the University of Cologne. 2004 Habilitation at Bielefeld University. 2005-2008 Lecturer in East European and Russian History at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. October 2008-September 2010 Acting Chair of Modern and East Euopean History at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg. October 2010-April 2011 Research Assistant at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg. April-October 2011 Fellow ot the Imre Kertész Kolleg Jena. 2011-2016 Acting Chair of East and Southeast European History at LMU Munich. Since April 2016 Professor of Southeast and East European History at the University of Regensburg and Head of the History Division ot the Leibniz-Institute for East and Southeast European Studies.
- History and historiography in Europe (co-editor, Ukrainian)
Positions, Assignments and Memberships
- Principal Investigator of the Graduate School of East and Southeast European Studies
- Head of the History Division of the Leibniz-Institute for East and Southeast European Studies
- Steering Committee Member of the German Section of the German-Ukrainian Historians Commission
- Member of the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Member of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Osteuropakunde (DGO)
- Member of the Lew Kopelew Forum e.V.
- Member of the Verband der Osteuropahistorikerinnen und –historiker e.V.